Each year in one of the winter term KI Seminars, we invite a panel of KI alumni to share their experiences. It's really valuable for the KI community to learn what a diverse range of career paths possible with a BKI, and to build their KI network.
Learn more about KI grads.
- David Collins (BKI’14) worked as a consultant at Deloitte, did a Master’s in History and Philosophy of Science and Technology, and is Managing Partner of the Red Beans Group, an innovation consulting service focused on ideating and inventing beautiful physical, mental, and digital spaces.
- Samantha Afonso (BKI’17) did a Master’s in Genetic Counselling, and is the Clinical Genetic Counsellor for the Heart, Lung and Vascular Program at St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto. She counsels patients for a variety of genetic conditions, and works with physicians, administration and executives to develop the medical genetics program and patient supports.
- Dana Lobo (BKI’17) worked with BMO in various roles (including summer internships during university), and is now working with Acheivers, an HR tech company.
- Will Turman (BKI’18) did a Master’s in Planning, now working as a Planner, and doing lots of engaged citizen activities.
- Shane Morganstein (BKI'16) recently completed the joint JD/MBA program at Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business at York University. He is currently articling (legal apprenticeship) with a large downtown Toronto law firm, where he is specializing in banking and investment law.
- Jamie Vinken (BKI'16) is in her third year of medical school at McMaster and also completed a Master’s degree in Political Science at Waterloo and has been a medic in the Canadian Forces Reserves.
- Mitchell Loewen (BKI'17) is Co-Founder and Designer at Cloudfall Interactive Studios, a small independent game studio creating both digital and tabletop games, and recently graduated from the MA in Game Design program at American University.
- Betelhem (Betty) Alemayehu (BKI'19) is working as a Catalyst Development Program Associate at Scotiabank, as an analyst within the Global Operations rotational program, designed to be the “catalyst” of your career.
- Mary Krupicz (BKI'12) is a Speech Language Pathologist at Speech Pathways.
- Patrick Famaran (BKI'16) is Assistant Manager, Youth Social Impact & Corporate Citizenship at RBC.
- Logan Miller (BKI'18) is completing a Masters of Arts in Global Governance at the Balsillie School of International Affairs.
- Maytal Perlman (BKI'19) is pursuing a Masters of Health Science in the Translational Research Program at the University of Toronto.
- Kat Curwin (BKI'12) - Production Coordinator at Yowza Animation
- Caroline Dunton (BKI'13) - completing a PhD in International Relations at The George Washington University and is currently the Cadieux Léger Fellow at Global Affairs Canada
- Yanish Jutton (BKI'16) - Solutions Architect at GroupBy Inc
- Sarah Pearce (BKI'16) - completing an MASc in Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo developing brain-computer interfaces for populations with special needs and doing software development in that area at Cognixion
- Jordan Nottrodt (BKI’12) freelance content marketer and world traveller
- David Collins (BKI’14) Consultant, Technology Strategy and Architecture consulting practice Deloitte, Toronto
- Zainab Ramahi (BKI’15) student, Berkeley Law, University of California
- Ian Scholten (BKI’15) Project Manager, Lumos Energy, Ottawa
- Adam Thorsteinson (BKI’14) Analytics and User Experience, PwC Canada, Toronto
- Matthew Klassen (BKI’15) student Master’s degree in International Relations, London School of Economics, UK.
- Sally Lu (BKI’16) Business Analyst, Prophix Software, Mississauga
- Clarice Chin (BKI’16) student Interaction Design, Emily Carr University of Art and Design, Vancouver
- Natasha John (BKI '15) student, Law, University of Victoria
- Thomas Huijbregts (BKI ’15) Junior Project Manager, Mozzaz, Waterloo
- Tiffany Lin (BKI ’15) Research Associate, Berkman Center for Internet and Society (Affiliated with Harvard Law), Boston
- Jesse Sharpe (BKI '15) Design Strategist, Architech, Toronto
- Kyrie Vala-Webb (BKI ‘12) Designer, Normative Inc
- Ryan Voisin (BKI ‘12) student Masters of Design in Strategic Foresight and Innovation at OCAD U, and Strategist, Overlap Associates
- Charlie Moscoe (BKI ‘13) Product Manager at MyPlanet
- Ali Kraushaar (BKI ‘14) Masters student in interdisciplinary research in the fields of philosophy and economics, University of Waterloo
- Mary Krupicz (BKI'12), Speech Language Pathologist at H.A. Leeper Clinic in London
- Brittney Jordan Nottrodt (BKI’12), Communicator at Durrell Communications in Kitchener
- Cayley MacArthur (BKI'13), Masters candidate for Rhetoric and Communication Design
- Vanessa Minke-Martin (BKI'13), Candidate for Masters of Science at University of British Columbia in Vancouver
- Kevin Rodriguez (BKI'13), Knowledge and Program Services Specialist at Pathways to Education Canada
- Jenna Vikse (BKI'13), Group Underwriter at Sun Life Financial in Calgary, Alberta
Several members of the 2012 trailblazing first class to graduate with a BKI shared their experiences, starting another very meaningful KI tradition.