Got a problem? Hire a problem-solver!
Read about how the Bachelor of Knowledge Integration is shaping 21st Century problem solvers for today’s workforce.
KI students are:
- motivated: taking initiative to seek out challenges
- designers: skilled in the Design Thinking processes of problem-solving
- broad-based: able to integrate ideas from across disciplinary boundaries to design novel and creative solutions
- team players: they love collaboration, and they’re good at it!
- curious: asking good questions, looking at issues from different perspectives
- flexible: ready for challenge, ambiguity and change
KI student skills:
- design thinking
- critical thinking
- project management
On top of these core skills, and a broad foundation of arts and science courses, each KI student uses the flexibility of the degree to build their own unique area of knowledge specialization.
- Courses in management sciences, psychology, user-centred design and ergonomics led her to a career as a business analyst for a large consulting firm.
- He concentrated on computer science, along with psychology and economics, and now works in product development designing engaging web and mobile products for enterprise systems.
- She chose courses in biology, ecology and Spanish, and is now working in wildlife conservation.
- Economics and a collaborative design specialization prepared him for app development at a company that delivers technology solutions for behavioural health services.
- He took courses in business, digital arts, and collaborative design, and now works as a design strategist for a software development company.
- Courses in anthropology, management sciences, and collaborative design created a strong foundation for his work as a program manager for a company that advises indigenous communities on partnerships in clean energy projects.
Where do KI students and grads work?
Our students apply their KI learning in the summer through jobs, volunteering, studying and travel.
Learn more about what employers say about KI.
The KI Works program helps students integrate their learning and work experience and develop professional skills.
Interested in hiring KI?
To find out more about how Knowledge Integration students and grads can work for you, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.