What is Knowledge Integration?
There's a different answer to that question depending on who you ask in the program. For some students it means the ability to combine their passions in ways they never thought possible and doing more than the traditional arts and science program. For others, it means becoming a 'translator' between disciplines.
The Bachelor of Knowledge Integration is a flexible and challenging transdisciplinary program for creative and diversely talented students. KI offers students the opportunity to explore interests on both sides of the traditional arts and science divide, building their program around a core of skills that will equip them to understand and solve complex problems, communicate effectively, and be able to make a difference in and adapt to a changing and complex world.
One degree. Endless opportunities. Meet 3 of our students!
Interested in social justice? Apply to the new KI Social Justice Scholarship.
Knowledge Integration students are:
- broad-based: interested in understanding and relating multiple disciplines, and seeking solutions across disciplinary boundaries
- motivated: actively seeking out challenges and testing their own limitations
- team players: excited about effective collaboration
- curious: pursuing knowledge rather than waiting for it
- flexible: ready for challenge, ambiguity and change
- reflective: capable of self-examination and thinking about thinking
- principled: committed to an active sense of responsibility and concern for the consequences of their work, both locally and globally
You might be a traditionalist, looking for a demanding classical education. Perhaps you’re an innovator, hoping to work on the frontiers of knowledge. You may be a long-range planner committed to laying a strong foundation for professional or graduate studies.
Like all Knowledge Integration students, you want to keep your options open and exercise as much personal choice as possible in your course selection.
Learn more about:
- Why Knowledge Integration?
- the KI academic program
- student experiences
- careers in KI
- funding and awards
Watch videos with current Knowledge Integration students.
Check out the KI brochure.