Course content specific policies will provide instructors with relevant information regarding setting up and running their courses.
- Copying course content from another instructors course offering
- Student access to courses
- Adding students who are auditing a course
- Adding students who are writing a deferred exam or need access to a past term
- Adding a guest speaker to your course
- Course Archiving policy (including student data)
- Turnitin in Waterloo LEARN
- Providing accessible materials and activities in Waterloo LEARN
- Requesting Waterloo LEARN Community Groups
- Fully Online courses
- Instructor guidelines regarding the Online Learning Environment and Service Interruptions
Written confirmation in the form of an email from the instructor of the original course is required.
By default, courses that are using Waterloo LEARN are activated the morning of the first day of classes for the term in which they are being taught. Courses from the previous term are disabled on that day, just prior to the activation of the new term rosters. While this is the default setting, instructors may elect to release courses prior to or later than the first day of classes. To request an early release or extension, please contact email@example.com
Students who are auditing a course must enroll through the Registrar's office. Once the student has successfully registered and become fees arranged access to the corresponding courses in LEARN will be granted automatically.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
By default, courses are kept on instructors’ LEARN homepages for a year (3 terms) after the term of offer. A snapshot is taken of the course a month after the course has been taught and archived (content only is archived, not student data). At the end of the 3 terms, the courses are removed from the instructors’ LEARN homepage.
Request community groups by emailing Jan Willwerth at email@example.com.
Questions and technical support for fully online courses should be directed to CEL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Students won’t have access to the online learning system (Waterloo LEARN) until their Registered Status on Quest for the current term is "Fees Arranged."
Visit the Finance - Student Accounts website to find out how to become "Fees Arranged" for the term.
In most cases, students will only be able to see their final grades in Quest.