The Lynda.com learning platform is now available to all University of Waterloo students! The new campus-wide license was the outcome of efforts between eCampusOntario and LinkedIn, on behalf of the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, to provide all students, faculty and staff within Ontario Colleges and Universities with access to Lynda.com.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com has more than 6,000 on-demand online courses taught by passionate instructors with real-world experience, and publishes an average of 25 new courses each week! Explore courses based on your experience and goals, and build professional skills across a vast range of job functions.
Learn anytime, from anywhere
- Find your path: get personalized recommendations or try one of the dozens of Learning Paths, or series of courses, such as Become a Digital Marketer and Become a Front-End Web Developer.
- Access courses from any device: start a course on your desktop and finish it on your smartphone, or bookmark courses on the mobile app and watch them on your computer
- Watch on your schedule and learn at your own pace: all courses are broken into short videos, so you can focus on a key topic of interest
- Test your knowledge: confirm your understanding using assessments, practice environments and coding practice windows
How to access Lynda.com
- Go to Lynda.com
- Click Sign in link in top right corner
- Click Sign in with your organization
- Enter www.uwaterloo.ca and click Continue
- You will be redirected to the University of Waterloo sign in page (CAS), enter your WatIAM ID and password and click Log in
For more information, please see the Lynda.com IST service page.