University of Waterloo Library is one of 14 members of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) coming together to create a single academic search tool called Omni.
Learn more about the project on our Omni blog.
What does this mean for you?
- One-stop searching of resources from 14 Ontario universities in an updated version of the Primo catalogue - learn more about what you will find in Omni
- New e-journals search for print and online titles
- Simplification of borrowing policies, including 120-day loans for most items
- Elimination of most overdue fines
- Waterloo students, faculty and staff will able to sign into their Library account using WatIAM
- An updated and mobile-compatible library catalogue, with no major downtime during software upgrades
- The old TRELLIS catalogue is no longer be available
- WatIAM login will be rolled out for most students, faculty and staff from mid-December into 2020
- The new system went online on December 17
What is not changing?
- Research databases search page
- Course reserves
- Interlibrary loans from institutions outside of Omni
- Delivery times for materials requested from TUG libraries
This webpage will be updated as more details are available.