The move to Omni brings new and simplified borrowing policies for print materials across the 14 Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) members. Learn more about the project on our Omni website.
Key policy changes* include:
- The standard loan period for books from the University of Waterloo, Wilfrid Laurier University and University of Guelph will be 120 days for all faculty, graduates, undergraduates and staff
- Six week loan period for books from other Omni Libraries for now. By spring term, loans from these schools will also be 120 days
- Items will be due 120 days from the date of sign-out, there will be no “term loan” due date
- Print periodicals will have a 14-day loan period
- There will be no ‘regular’ overdue fines, however fines for recalled materials that are overdue will increase to $4 per day
- There will continue to be overdue fines for print course reserves material and interlibrary loans
*There will be some exceptions to these policy changes. See our borrowing privileges webpage for current information.
Direct requesting from Tri-University Group libraries (Waterloo, Guelph and Wilfrid Laurier) will continue as usual; the remaining 11 schools are expected to join this service in the first six months of 2020.
Questions about these changes? Ask us!