As the recipient of the Distinguished Scholar Award from the Diplomatic Studies Section, International Studies Association, Prof. Cooper accepted the award at a special panel at the Toronto 2019 ISA conference: Thursday March 28, TD14: 4-5:45 pm, Sheraton Centre.
- Chair: Jeremie Cornut (Simon Fraser University)
- Participant: Geoffrey R. Wiseman (Australian National University)
- Participant: Laura Neack (Miami University)
- Participant: John Ravenhill (Balsillie School of International Affairs)
- Participant: Emel Parlar Dal (University Of Marmara/Istanbul)
- Participant: Jorge Alberto Schiavon (Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE))
- Participant: Gregory T. Chin (York University)
- Participant: Jean-Philippe Therien (Université de Montréal)
- Honoree: Andrew F. Cooper (University of Waterloo)
The Diplomatic Studies Section of the International Studies Association recognizes a scholar's lifetime contribution to the study of diplomacy, broadly conceived. Honorees will have made significant advances in diplomacy scholarship, as well as superlative records of service and mentorship within the wider academic community and/or the Diplomatic Studies Section.