PD7: Conflict Resolution helps students understand, avoid, and resolve conflict in the workplace. There’s more to conflict resolution than smiling and apologizing — it takes communication, patience, and an understanding of complex concepts like escalation and triangulation. Conflict can also be healthy — and even beneficial — depending on the situation. Students who take PD7 gain a deeper understanding of conflict and start applying the course’s concepts to their professional and personal lives.
What do PD7 students do?
- Sharpen conflict resolution skills by analyzing scenarios and applying different conflict resolution approaches
- Identify strategies to work with difficult people using their identified communication style
- Learn how to recover from conflict and make a good apology
- "The topic of conflict resolution is highly relevant to all workplaces, and even important in any kind of teamwork — including during school projects and within my friend circle. The course gave very practical and easy-to-understand strategies for understanding and dealing with conflict."
- "The conflict solving ideas learned can be related to previous conflict experiences, which makes me think that it could help me in resolving conflicts in the future since it is applicable to real life."
Students need to earn a grade of 50% to pass PD7. Students also need to earn a grade of 50% on the final assignment.
If you have a question about grading in PD7, contact the course team using the information in the sidebar.