In the before times the Pure Math department held a regular Number Theory seminar. It would be nice to restart this seminar in the Fall term. As this is a restart of the seminar, we do not need to conform to previous models. I felt it would be easiest to have an organizational seminar next week to discuss the various options and gather feedback on the best format. Some thoughts to think about
- Should the seminar be online, in person, hybrid?
- Should the seminar be weekly, bi-weekly, sporadic?
- Is there a regular time of week that works well?
- Traditional 50 minute seminar + 5 minutes questions.
- Shorter talk followed by more interactive discussion / questions
- Shorter initial talk, break (for snacks?), followed by technical details.
- Open problems type seminar where answers may not be known, but the questions are interesting.
- What would you like to get out of a number theory seminar?
- Recommended names of speakers?
If you have thoughts you would like to share, but are unable to attend in person, please email them to myself (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows are especially welcome.