The new research ethics system, powered by Kuali, is a web-based platform that will replace the existing ethics system on August 13, 2018.
What does the system offer?
The system is a complete solution supporting the development, review, and clearance of research ethics applications and will:
- decrease the administrative burden for applications by using electronic signatures and forms,
- accelerate the application process by providing an application that automatically presents relevant questions,
- foster collaboration among users in the system by allowing joint application development,
- reduce manual processes through automated workflows and notifications, and
- act as the single solution for all human and animal ethics applications.
What do you need to know?
- August 3 at 4:30 p.m. – is the last day to submit applications in the old system.
- August 3 to 13 – no new applications, modifications, or renewals will be accepted.
- August 13 at 9 a.m. – you can begin to submit applications to the new system.
- All active applications will be imported into the new system.
- Don't rush to have all applications in by the August 3 deadline, as this will not speed up your review time.