The Research Ethics System is the University's online system that supports the development, review, and clearance of research ethics applications.
Research ethics review during COVID-19
- Research ethics reviews for all types of studies are continuing at this time.
- Human Research Ethics Committees and the Animal Care Committee continue to operate. All meetings are now virtual. Monthly submission and meeting dates are unchanged.
- New studies that are related to COVID-19 are given priority review.
- Amendments to ongoing studies to eliminate personal contact are given priority review. Changes may only be implemented once you have received ethics clearance notification.
- Until further notice, research activities that require face-to-face interactions may not be conducted. This applies to all new and ongoing studies.
- Research activities that do not require in-person contact may continue.
- Visit the University of Waterloo Coronavirus Information website for more information.