How to Send an Interac E-Transfer

UWRA Memberships, Events and Services

UWRA uses forms on our website to allow retirees to register for all kinds of events and services.  Forms facilitate planning of events, and registering retirees for services.  Some events are free and others may require payment.
UWRA is not set up to take online credit card payments.

Interac E-transfers are safe, fast and easy.  

After you have completed the UWRA Event Registration or Membership Form on the UWRA website, you can pay the amount owing by sending an Interac E-Transfer.  It is up to you to send the UWRA the money from your banking institution.  UWRA cannot access your banking accounts.  Funds are transferred from your bank to our bank, through Interac E-Transfer.

How do you send money to UWRA with Interac e-Transfer? 

  1. Log into your online or mobile banking app and select Interac E-Transfer.
  2. Choose "Send Money".  Follow the instructions on your bank's form.
  3. If this is the first time you are sending the UWRA an e-transfer, you will need to "Add a new contact" 
    • Add: as the recipient email.  (You may add a name such as UWRA)
    • UWRA will remain on your bank's contact list until you delete it. 
  4. Choose the account from which you want to withdraw the funds.
  5. Enter the amount.
    • UWRA has registered for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit, so there is no need for a security question, although some financial institutions may require one anyway.
    • If you are required to enter a security question, please contact the UWRA members noted below for instructions.
  6. In the space "Message to contact" enter the following:
    • Full Name, Event for which you are making a payment.
    • This information is important so that funds can be tracked correctly.
  7. Your bank may have a "continue" and a "confirm" button that will send the funds and generate a receipt for you to copy or print.

If you need assistance completing this process please connect with Rose Vogt or Christine Wagner.

You can also send UWRA personal cheques, with the information or a copy of the form mailed to: 

UW Retirees Association, Treasurer,
200 University Ave. West, Waterloo, ON.  N2L 3G1