Amir Khajepour is a professor in the Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering and a Canada research chair in Mechatronic Vehicle Systems. He is also a fellow of the American and Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME and CSME) and is an associate editor of the International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems and International Journal of Powertrain.
Professor Khajepour’s areas of research are concentrated on vehicle systems. This includes the development of hybrid powertrains (electric and air hybrid engines), component sizing and power management design through concurrent optimization, vehicle modeling through real time simulation and hardware-in-the-loop, active and adaptive suspension systems, and vehicle stability. The driving force of professor Khajepour’s research is the modelling and control of dynamic systems. His research has also extended to ultra high-speed robotics, automated laser fabrication, and micro-electrical-mechanical systems.
Professor Khajepour’s research has resulted in several patents, technology transfers, and over 320 journal and conference publications including three books and six book chapters.
- Hybrid vehicles
- Suspension systems
- Vehicle noise, vibration and harshness (NVH)
- Vibration analysis and control
- Modeling and control of laser cladding
- Automation and robotics
- Autonomous and connected car
- Vehicle dynamics and systems control
- Additive manufacturing
- Advanced manufacturing
- 1995, Doctorate, (Mechanical Engineering),Thesis: Application of Center Manifold and Normal Form Theory to Nonlinear Controller Design, University of Waterloo
- 1991, Master's, (Mechanical Engineering),Thesis: Stability Analysis of Nonlinear Systems, Sharif University of Technology
- 1989, Bachelor's, (Mechanical Engineering), Ferdowsi University
- ME 780 - Special Topics in Mechatronics
- Taught in 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, Model Predictive Rollover Prevention for Steer-by-wire Vehicles with a New Rollover Index, International Journal of Control, 93(1), 2020, 140 - 155
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, Model Predictive Control for Integrated Lateral Stability, Traction/Braking Control, and Rollover Prevention of Electric Vehicles, Vehicle System Dynamics, 58(1), 2020, 49 - 73
- Mansour Ataei, Chen Tang, Amir Khajepour, Soo Jeon, Active Camber System for Lateral Stability Improvement of Urban Vehicles, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 233(14), 2019, 3824 - 3838
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, A Novel Reconfigurable Integrated Vehicle Stability Control with Omni Actuation Systems, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 67(4), 2018, 2945 - 2957
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, Reconfigurable Integrated Stability Control for Four- and Three-wheeled Urban Vehicles with Flexible Combinations of Actuation Systems, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 23(5), 2018, 2031 - 2041
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, A General Rollover Index for Tripped and Un-tripped Rollovers on Flat and Sloped Roads, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 233(2), 2019, 304 - 316
- Laaleh Durali, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, Design and optimization of a cam-actuated electro-hydraulic brake system, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 232(7), 2018, 909 - 920
- Mansour Ataei, Amir Khajepour and Soo Jeon, Rollover Stabilities of Three-Wheeled Vehicles Including Road Configuration Effects, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: J. of Automobile Engineering, 231(7), 2017, 859 - 871
- Hashemi, E and Khajepour, A, Kinematic and three-dimensional dynamic modeling of a biped robot, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part K: Journal of Multi-body Dynamics, 2016
- Wong, Andy and Kasinathan, Dhanaraja and Khajepour, Amir and Chen, Shih-Ken and Litkouhi, Bakhtiar, Integrated torque vectoring and power management framework for electric vehicles, Control Engineering Practice, 48, 2016, 22 - 36
- Harooni, Arshad and Nasiri, Ali M and Gerlich, Adrian P and Khajepour, Amir and Khalifa, Ahmed and King, J Mitch, Processing window development for laser cladding of zirconium on zirconium alloy, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 230, 2016, 263 - 271
- Pournazeri, Mohammad and Khajepour, Amir, Precise lift control in a new variable valve actuation system using discrete-time sliding mode control, Mechanism and Machine Theory, 99, 2016, 217 - 235
In the news
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.