How can I get in contact with an upper-year student to ask my questions?
1. Chat with us using Microsoft Teams
The Science Undergraduate Office (SUO) is here to help! If you have an urgent or general question send us a message on Microsoft Teams. You can expect a quick response during the SUO office hours, Mondays from 9:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:00pm, and Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00 - 4:00pm. Please note that this function does not replace academic advisor support.
To chat with the Undergrad Associate at the SUO:
1. Login to Teams with your WatIAM credentials
2. Add Science Undergrad Office to a chat
3. Send us a message with your questions
To learn more about Microsoft Teams, visit the University of Waterloo's Microsoft Teams Information page
2. Call the SUO during office hours
Our phone number is 519-888-4567, ext. 45244.
3. Book an appointment to speak with an upper-year Science student
Use our Science Advisor booking system to indicate your interest in booking an appointment with an upper-year student to ask all of your questions. To do this:
1. Go to the following webform
2. Fill out your name, e-mail and student number (if you do not yet know your student number, you can type in 123)
3. Under "Appointment Type", Click "Incoming first year student"
4. Write the main concerns that you would like to speak about during your appointment, and indicate any unavailabilty that you may have. Please try your best to be specific
5. Click "submit" and monitor your e-mail for a Microsoft Teams link with a date and time
4. E-mail your inquiries
You can e-mail your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Incoming First Year Inquiry".
*Please note that e-mails, phone calls and Teams messages will be monitored only during the SUO's office hours.