Join the Sustainability Office and other local organizations for Bike Lunch on Thursday, June 20th from 11am to 2pm at the Peter Russell Rock Garden. Bike Lunch is a campus-wide event to provide students and employees with the resources, tools and encouragement to bike to school or work.
Come celebrate your efforts of biking to school, work, or for leisure and help promote sustainable commuting to campus. Check out all the details below!
- Free lunch snacks provided for those who biked to school or work and visit booths
- Free bike tune-ups available from King Street Cycles
- Booths from across Waterloo Region provide information, services, and handing out swag/giveaways:
- Bike Centre - Free simple tune-ups, and information about services on campus
- Campus Police - Information on bike theft prevention and bike registry program
- City of Waterloo - Information about equipping stations and local trails
- Enterprise CarShare - Information on carsharing programs on campus
- King Street Cycles - Free tune-ups!
- Peer Health Education - Tips for bike safety on campus and in the community, plus bike trivai!
- TravelWise - Demo of GRT bike rack to help you practice! Also available to answer any questions you have about commuting to work or school and your access to gotravelwise.ca
- Plus, a photobooth with volunteer photographer to snap some photos of you and your friends!
Please note, registration is not required but you can express your interest on our Facebook event page.