What’s happening with the WCMS?
Pausing WCMS 3 migration remediation between academic terms
The WCMS team will begin to implement WCMS 3 migration blackout periods in between terms to allow for adequate onboarding and offboarding of new WCMS co-op staff. The first blackout period will take place between Monday, April 18 and Monday, May 9, 2022. Site launches will continue throughout this period.
While the WCMS Training and Support team will not be offering WCMS 3 site migration remediation during the blackout period, you may still:
- Request a new WCMS 3 website (brand new or manual migration) to be built within your area/faculty
- Request a site be migrated to WCMS 3 with remediation completed within your area/faculty
- Register for WCMS 3 remediation training during April 18 -22. Remediation training will then be on hold until Thursday, May 12
Questions or concerns? Please submit to email@example.com.
Co-op migration remediation training session on March 12
A WCMS 3 migration remediation training session will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, March 12 for any co-op students who will be completing migration remediation during their work term. We recommend that the completion of remediation training be aligned with when that work will begin in your area. Registration and additional information can be found on our Web Resources site.
Remediation training sessions will continue to be available on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons throughout the term.
WCMS 3 releases
See what development work has been included in recent WCMS 3 release:
- WCMS 3.1.6 release (highlights follow)
- Added the “project” content type
- Added image gallery options to control number of images to display, and navigation options, when the carousel type is selected
- Added the Mailchimp block
WCMS 3 site launches – 129 sites live
11 more sites have launched in the new WCMS 3! Continue to check out the growing list on our Web Resources sites and templates page to see some of the new features and design offered in WCMS 3!
- FIRST Robotics Competition
- Global Health Policy and Innovation Research Centre
- Healthy Labs - Department of Psychology
- interRAI Canada
- IT Professional Development Advisory Group
- Multisensory Brain and Cognition Lab
- PhD in Accounting
- Prevention Neuroscience Laboratory
- Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office
- Vascular Observations through Research on Technology and Exercise Lab
Drop-in lab closure
Have a question, or need some help with your website? A virtual Drop-in lab will be open every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 1-4 p.m. to provide WCMS content maintainers one-on-one website and training support. Please reach out to Charlotte Armstrong, via email or Microsoft Teams, to schedule an appointment.
WCMS 2 site launches
1 more site has launched in the WCMS since our last update.
- Transforming Health Technologies (Single page)
New on Web Resources
Current development sprint:
Previous development sprints:
From the blog: