Structure and Timing of your MASc Defense
- The MASc Defense Form will be submitted to the Administrative Coordinator, Graduate Studies, at the same time as the MASc Thesis Submission Form.
- The MASc Defense consists of a 20 minute presentation by the student, followed by a question and answer period by the committee members. Each committee member is permitted to ask 10-15 minutes (generally) of questions each.
- Following the committee member questioning, members of the audience are invited to ask questions.
- The committee will deliberate and notify the student of the outcome of his or her defense.
- The Defense is normally hosted during the final week of the student's thesis. The date and time are arranged by the student and supervisor(s) with the committee members.
- For in-person defenses, room bookings can be made through the Department Assistant.
- The student is to send an outlook calendar invite to the committee members to schedule the defense in their calendars.