P. Eng., Associate Professor
- Building performance (durability, energy efficiency, health, sustainability) as a function of use, climate regions, microclimates, etc.
- Heat air and moisture transport within building materials and systems and the resulting problems of freeze-thaw, corrosion, rot, mould, dissolution, etc. Modelling of same.
- New and sustainable building products, materials, and systems.
Current Sources of Research Funding:
- Royal Building Systems
- Durisol Materials
- Industry partners
- Straube, J.F. and Burnett, E.F.P., 'Rain Control and Design Strategies'. J. of Thermal Insulation and Building Envelopes, July 1999, pp. 41-56.
- Straube, J.F. and Burnett, E.F.P., 'Vents, Ventilation and Masonry Veneer Wall Systems', Proc. of the Eighth Canadian Masonry Symposium, Jasper, Alta., Canada, May 31-June 3, 1998, pp. 194-207.
- Straube, J.F. and Burnett, E.F.P., 'Simplified Prediction of Driving Rain Deposition'. Proc. of International Building Physics Conference, Eindhoven, September 18-21, 2000, pp. 375-382.
- Straube, J.F., Burnett, E.F.P., Gamble, M., Crowne, R., 'Polymer Concrete Beams Reinforced with GFRP Rods', Proceedings of CSCE/JSCE Int. Conf. on Eng. Materials, Ottawa, June 8-12, 1997, pp. 579-592.
- Director, Ontario Building Envelope Council
- Chair, the 8th Building Science and Technology Conference, February, 2001
- Member, National Institute of Building Sciences
- Board Member, Ecological Building Network
University of Waterloo