We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.
Phone: 519-888-4567 x40131
Location: E7 2318
David Rose, B. Math, MBA, is the Associate Director of Graduate Studies and a Lecturer at the Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business. He is currently the Vice President at Listen Corporation and a former Lecturer at the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics. David earned his MBA from Wilfrid Laurier University.
- BET 400 Early-Stage Venture Marketing
- BET 470 - Family Business
- BET 604 - New Technology-based Venture Creation
- MBA, Wilfrid Laurier University, 1998
- B. Math, University of Waterloo, 1978
- Lecturer, Conrad School of Entrepreneurship and Business, University of Waterloo. August 2014 - present
- Lecturer, School of Business and Economics, Wilfrid Laurier University. 1998 - 2014
- Vice President, Listen Corporation. 2006 - present
- Client Manager, Retail Performance Group. 1999 - 2000
- Senior Manager, PricewaterhouseCoopers. 1998 - 1999
- Independent Consulting Projects. 1997 - present
- Self Employed. 1986 - 1997
- Marketing, Gulf Canada Products Co. 1975 - 1986
- Reddy, R. & Rose, D. 2014. "Shad - What's next for this JUNO Award-winning artist?" in New Venture Creation, 2nd Canadian Edition by Spinelli, Ensign, and Adams.
- Rose, D. & Munro, H. 2012. "Handshake VR Inc.: Innovating with Touch" in Strategic Management: A Dynamic Perspective - Concepts, Case Volume - Canadian Edition, Pearson Canada.
- Rose, D., Munro, H., & Giguere, L. 2010. "Want Beverages" in New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century, Canadian Edition, McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
- Nitsch, D., Rose, D., & McMurray, J. 2010. "Sandvine Inc." in New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century, Canadian Edition, McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
- Rose, D., & Munro, H. 2010. "Handshake VR Inc.: Innovating with Touch" in New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century, Canadian Edition, McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
- Giguere, L. & Rose, D. 2007. "Casablanca Kids" in Contemporary Canadian Marketing Cases, 3rd Edition, Pearson Prentice-Hall.
- Giguere, L. & Rose, D. 2007. "Casablanca Kids" in Business, 6th Edition by Griffin, Ebert and Starke, Pearson Education.
- Baetz, M. & Rose, D. 2001. "Ford's Corporate Volunteer Program" in Strategic Management: Text, Readings and Canadian Cases, 6th Edition by Paul Beamish and Patrick Woodcock, McGraw-Hill Ryerson.
Selected awards and honours
|2014||SBESS Faculty Member of the Year|
|2006||Honourable Mention Award (with L. Giguere), ASAC Case Track|
|2005||Best Case Award (with D. Nitsch and J. McMurray), ASAC|
|Honorary President of graduating class (selected by students)|
Wilfrid Laurier University Student Union Professor of the Year Award