This website primarily serves as a resource for faculty, staff and students within the Engineering faculty to find the proper line of support for their computing needs.
The Engineering Computing Help Desk services:
- Support line for Faculty and Staff is available during working hours at x46932
- All other inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call x33524
Please ensure your VPN (virtual private network) connection is as specified in the following instructions:
- Installing and running the VPN client on Windows
- Installing and running the VPN client on Mac
- Installing and running the VPN client on Linux/Ubuntu
See Engineering Computing's online teaching/conferencing reference.
- what computer hardware is required
- how to secure your computer
- the VPN
- Skype for Business both online and by telephone
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Teams
- Traditional Telephones
Engineering Specific Resources
Please choose from the options on the left-hand menu to find in-depth solutions and answers to specific computing issues. The quick links below can be used to find the most common information requested by our users.
The University of Waterloo’s computer systems are reserved for authorized use only. Unauthorized use will be reported to the appropriate authorities. Learn more about authorized use.
Printing is available through the campus WPrint service.
If you are having problems with a specific machine or have found broken hardware in one of our labs, please report the issue by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, please visit our Contacts page.