The Excellence Canada Advisory Committee (the "Committee") will inform and guide the Universities integration of Excellence Canada's Excellence, Innovation and Wellness (EIW) Standard to achieve certification at the Gold Level.
The Committee includes representation from a wide range of areas across the University:
- Associate Provost, Human Resources (Chair)
- Strategic Initiatives Advisor, Office of the Associate Provost, Human Resources (Ex-Officio and Secretary to the Committee)
- One staff member from Human Resources (HR) and/or Organizational and Human Development (OHD)
- One or two employees from the Faculties
- One staff member from University Communications
- One staff member from Institutional Analysis & Planning
- One staff member from Information Systems & Technology (IST)
- One staff member from the University of Waterloo Staff Association (UWSA)
- One staff member from the Faculty Association of the University of Waterloo (FAUW)
- One staff member from the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
- One staff member from the Office of the Vice-President Academic & Provost
- One staff member from Library
- One staff member from an area under the Associate Vice-President, Academic
- One staff member from the Registrar’s Office
- One staff member from the Secretariat
- One staff member from an area under the Associate Provost, Students
The University’s Excellence Canada Coach will also participate in Advisory Committee meetings. Other individuals will be invited to participate in working groups or act as resources.
- Participate in and assist to coordinate preliminary assessment activities to evaluate the University against the Gold EIW Standard.
- Prioritize gaps identified during the preliminary assessment and recommend courses of action to address gaps.
- Assist with and/or advise on the development of focused action plans to address gaps.
- Lead and/or participate in working groups to address gaps. This work will leverage existing infrastructure and expertise on campus, but may include the development or enhancement of overarching initiatives to support excellence, innovation, and wellness at Waterloo.
- Advise on the project’s implementation and communication plans.
- Assist with the preparation and/or revision of the University’s application to Excellence Canada for certification under the EIW Standard at the Gold level.
- Participate in and assist to coordinate aspects of Excellence Canada’s verification visit(s).
- Advise on how to best engage employees and students throughout the project.
- Engage employees in home departments, soliciting feedback and communicating back.
- Develop measures to assess progress on objectives.
The Committee will meet monthly or as needed. Working groups will meet as often as required to meet their mandates as set out by the Committee.