Current and prospective Waterloo students should use this form to:
- Order copies of Waterloo and non-Waterloo transcripts for the OGS/QEII-GSST competition (WatIAM login is required).
For details about the OGS/QEII-GSST competition at Waterloo, including eligibility and timelines please visit Waterloo’s OGS/QEII-GSST web page.
The submission deadlines for the OGS/QEII-GSST transcript request form are:
- October 9, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. (ET) for international students
- February 1, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. (ET) for domestic students
Late requests will not be processed.
Students who are required to complete a transcript request form (as outlined below), but who fail to do so will be deemed ineligible. Personal copies of transcripts submitted in lieu of this transcript form will not be accepted.
Who should request transcripts for OGS/QEII-GSST?
The following OGS/QEII-GSST applicants must submit a request:
- Current Waterloo students who are not applying for a Tri-Agency (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR) or Vanier scholarship through Waterloo this competition year (2020-2021)
- Prospective Waterloo students who are not applying for a Tri-Agency (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR) or Vanier scholarship through Waterloo this competition year (2020-2021)
- Current international students who are not applying for a Vanier Scholarship through Waterloo this competition year (2020-2021)
It is automatically assumed that all students who submit a Tri-Agency (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR) or Vanier application through Waterloo within this competition year (2021-2022) will also apply for the OGS/QEII-GSST competition within the same year. Therefore, GSPA will automatically provide a copy of all post-secondary transcripts on-file (Waterloo and non-Waterloo) to the proposed department graduate co-ordinator*.
*Tri-Agency CGS M applicants must list Waterloo as one of their three institutions where they would like to hold the award in order to be exempt from being required to submit an OGS/QEII-GSST transcript request form.
How are transcript requests fulfilled?
- GSPA will fulfill transcript requests for current and prospective Waterloo students at no charge by:
- Generating a copy of their official Waterloo transcript (if applicable)
- Retrieving copies of official transcripts which were declared and submitted as part of their Waterloo admission application
- GSPA will make transcript packages available to the graduate co-ordinator of the proposed department/school indicated by the student in the transcript request. The applicant is expected to submit their application and have their reference letters submitted to this department/school.
Prospective students who are in the process of applying must ensure that their official transcripts from previous institutions are submitted as part of their application for admission by February 1, 2021 (domestic competition).
If students require changes to be made to a submitted transcript request (e.g. change proposed department/school) please email the graduate studies awards team with your name, student ID and requested changes.
If a transcript request is submitted, but a student has not yet uploaded their transcripts as part of their application for admission, GSPA will “hold” the request until February 1, 2021 (domestic competition). Provided that the applicant has uploaded their transcripts by February 1, GSPA will process the transcript request at that time.
In some cases, a specific transcript may not have been submitted as part of the applicant’s original admission application. If it is deemed to be required, GSPA will request the missing transcript by emailing the student.
Students who ordered transcripts for a tri-agency competition through Waterloo for this competition year (2021-2022), but subsequently decided not to submit a Tri-Agency application through Waterloo, must submit an OGS/QEII-GSST transcript request form.