Letter of Permission Application

Use this form if you are a current University of Waterloo undergraduate student requesting permission to take a course at another university for credit towards your University of Waterloo degree. Before completing your form, ensure you are familiar with the host university's application process and deadlines.

Letter of Permission Application (PDF)


  • To take courses at Wilfrid Laurier University, use the Cross-Registration Form.
  • If you are completing an undergraduate degree at another Canadian institution (other than Wilfrid Laurier):
    • If you've studied at Waterloo previously, and thus have a Waterloo student identification number (8 digits), submit a Visiting Student Readmission Application.
    • If this is your first time wanting to study at Waterloo, visit our Registrar's Office website for details about the application process and deadlines.