Use this form if you are requesting permission to take a course at another university for credit toward a University of Waterloo degree.
- Before completing your form, ensure you are familiar with the host university's application process and deadlines.
- To take courses at Wilfrid Laurier University, use the Cross-registration Form.
Requests are processed daily, Monday to Friday, except when the University is closed.
Fees for letter of permission
Each Letter of Permission is $25 (includes GST). Receipts will not be issued and overpayments are non-refundable. We accept the following methods of payment:
- Cash (in person)
- Cheque payable to University of Waterloo (by mail or in person)
- Interac Debit (in person)
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express (in person or online via e-commerce)
- WatCard (in person)
Note: Pdf form submissions with credit card information are no longer accepted.
Need more information or payment options? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting the pdf version of this form
Once you have completed your form, print it, sign it, and obtain required signatures before submitting. Be sure to chose a submission option that works with your chosen method of payment (above). We do not accept submissions by email.
Login to our online Letter of Permission Application using your University of Waterloo username and password. You'll be prompted to upload your completed application form, with all approval signatures.
A secure mail drop box is also available outside The Centre when Needles Hall is open (between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.).
University of Waterloo
200 University Avenue West
Canada N2L 3G1
Visiting (incoming) students
To register for courses at the University of Waterloo on a Letter of Permission:
- If this is your first time, visit our admissions website for details about the application process and deadlines.
- If you've studied at Waterloo previously, and thus have a Waterloo student identification number (8 digits), use the Application for Undergraduate Readmission.
- If you are a student registered at Wilfrid Laurier University, please refer to your university's cross-registration process.