Use this form to request a short-term emergency loan from the University of Waterloo. The University of Waterloo Emergency Loan Program is to assist students with related costs (such as rent, groceries, etc.) while awaiting another source of income.
Complete all required fields on the form.
Rules and regulations
- Applications will be accepted from the first day of lectures up to the last day of the final examination period for a term.
- Emergency loans may not be used to cover tuition.
- Loan maximums: $1,000 for full-time students and $300 for part-time students.
- Loans are not available until tuition fees are paid or arranged with Student Financial Services (EC5).
- Available to all students: domestic and international.
- Students must be in satisfactory academic standing.
- Payment will normally be available within three working days for approved loans.
- Repayment can be made at Student Financial Services (EC5). If paying by certified cheque or money order, make it payable to "University of Waterloo" and clearly state your name, student identification number, and that it is an "emergency loan repayment". Repayment should not be made to your student account.