The J. Alan George Student Leadership Award is presented to an entering graduate student, chosen from among students within three terms of first receipt of a Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women and based on a record of student leadership. Selection will be made by the Advisory Committee on Graduate Scholarships and Awards. If the Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women ceases, the terms of this award will be redefined.
The value and number of awards vary from year to year.
- be currently registered full-time within their first year of doctoral studies at the University of Waterloo
- be within three terms of first receipt of a Provost Doctoral Entrance Award for Women
- demonstrate outstanding leadership
- Complete the appropriate application on the Graduate Studies forms page.
- Attach required documentation (as per application form).
- Submit your complete application package to your department by the appropriate term deadline above.