A scholarship valued at $20,000 is provided annually to a full-time graduate student enrolled in the Masters or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering on the basis of academic excellence (minimum 80%). This scholarship is made possible by a donation from Professor Hira Ahuja in memory of his daughter Lalit Chugh.
This award is valued at up to $20,000 comprised of $10,000 from this award, and $10,000 paid as a Graduate Research Studentship (GRS) from the student's supervisor.
- Graduate students registered full-time in a Master's or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering
- Selection to be based on demonstrated academic excellence (minimum 80% cumulative average in their current program or over the last two full-time academic years)
- Preference will be given to female candidates
- Selection will be based on the following preferences:
- International students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and have graduated from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
- Permanent Residents of Canada who have graduated from an IIT
- Master’s students may receive this award for a maximum of two years and Doctoral students for a maximum of four years provided they maintain good academic standing (minimum 80%) and continue to remain registered full time in their program.
Please contact your department/program Graduate Co-ordinator for further information regarding this award.