A scholarship valued at $10,000 is provided annually to a full-time graduate student enrolled in the Masters or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering on the basis of academic excellence (minimum 80%). This scholarship is made possible by a donation from Professor Hira Ahuja in memory of his daughter Lalit Chugh.
The value of the award will be determined by the income generated by the Fund each year. The goal is to provide at least one Award valued up to $10,000. The value and/or number of awards may change from year to year. Master's students may receive this award for a maximum of two year and Doctoral students may receive it for a maximum of four years provided they maintain good academic standing (minimum 80%) and continue to remain registered full time in their program. This award will be in addition to the guaranteed funding in the student's offer letter.
- Graduate students registered full-time in a Master's or Doctoral program in the Faculty of Engineering
- International students who hold a valid Canadian study permit and have graduated from any of the following IITs – Delhi, Mumbai, Ropar, Roorkee, Kanpur, and Kharagpur. If an eligible candidate from IIT is not available, students from all NIITs in India will be considered.
- Permanent resident of Canada who has graduated from IIT or NIIT
- Preference will be given to candidates who identify as women, who fulfill the above criteria, and wherein women are underrepresented
- Should an eligible candidate not be available in any one year, available funds will be held and multiple awards may be given out in a future year Engineering Graduate Office in consultation with Prof. Sanjeev Bedi will identify candidates and select recipients.