Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre
Constructed to the most stringent scientific standards — including controls for vibration, temperature, humidity, electromagnetic radiation and more — the Mike & Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre (Lazaridis Centre) enables quantum information research at the highest international level.
Laboratories and technical specifications
- Superconducting qubits (solid-state and low temperature)
- Atomic & ion-trapping quantum information processing
- Quantum optics
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)/spin-based quantum information processing
- Quantum communication/cryptography
The laboratories are equipped with the following:
- Temperature control: +/- 0.1°C
- Humidity range: 45% +/- 3%
- Vibration rating: VC-E (less than 3 um floor deflection/sec)
- Acoustic rating: NC-30
- Radio Frequency Interference/Electromagnetic Interference (RFI/EMI) shielding: Substantially better than 1mG peak-to-peak
The Lazaridis Centre celebrated its grand opening on September 21, 2012.