IQC will be hosting a training session open to current IQC students, research assistants and postdoctoral fellows.
Bystander Intervention can help create a sense of belonging, care, and respect within our communities. The Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office (SVPRO) is conducting training across the UWaterloo campus to provide skills and resources to help people intervene when they see a harmful, or potentially harmful, situation.
The objectives of this training are to:
1) Understand and define harassment, sexual violence and consent
2) Recognize the complex roots of these behaviours and how they are normalized
3) Identify personal obstacles and barriers to intervene safely and effectively
4) Learn how to safely and effectively apply the 5D Active Bystander Model
5) Recognize that everyone has a role in creating a safe and caring campus community
Snacks and drinks will be served. Please RSVP for numbers and dietary restrictions.
Add event to calendar