Quantum Information and Computing (QIC) courses have been offered at the University of Waterloo since 1999-2000. Over time, the number and breadth of courses have substantially increased.
These courses can be taken as part of a wide range of Waterloo's graduate and undergraduate programs. Many QIC courses are cross listed or held with other departments. In such cases, you can choose which section to enrol in. The sections are equivalent, and any course cross listed or held with a QIC course will count towards the QIC course requirements.
- QIC 710 - Quantum Information Processing (on campus)
- QIC 820 - Theory of Quantum Information (online)
- QIC 860 - Laboratory on Control of Quantum Technology (online)*
- QIC 880 - Nanoelectronics for Quantum Information Processing (online)
- QIC 890 - Modern Quantum Optics and Nanophotonics (online)
- QIC 890 - Advanced Topics in quantum Optics (online)
- QIC 890 - Solid-state Photonic Devices (online)
*Exclusively for Physics (specialization in Quantum Technology) Course-Based MSc Students
- View the full list of Fall 2021 Quantum Information Courses
- QIC 823 - Quantum Algorithms (online)
- View the full list of Spring 2021 Quantum Information Courses
A complete list of Quantum Information and Computing courses is listed on previous courses.