Courses in quantum information have been offered at Waterloo since the 1999-2000 academic year. The number and breadth of courses have increased substantially in recent years. These courses can be taken as part of a wide range of graduate and undergraduate programs offered at the University of Waterloo.
Please note that many Quantum Information and Computing (QIC) courses are cross listed or held with corresponding home unit courses. In such cases, students can choose which section to enrol in. The sections are equivalent, and any course cross listed or held with a QIC course will count towards the QIC course requirements. Descriptions for all QIC courses are in the calendar and class scheduling information is available in the Schedule of Classes for Graduate Students.
- QIC 750 - Quantum Information Processing Devices
- QIC 885 - Quantum Electronics and Photonics
- QIC 890 - Functional Analysis Methods for Quantum Information Technologies (QIT)
- QIC 890 - Advanced Topics in Quantum Optics
- QIC 890 - Applied Quantum Cryptography
- QIC 890 - Quantum Error Correction and Fault Tolerance
- QIC 890 - Intro to Noise Processes
- QIC 891 - Topics in Quantum Information
- Intro to Quantum Computing
- Post Quantum Cryptography
- Network Security
- Quantum Crypto Beyond QKD
- Quantum communication Devices
- Quantum Cryptography Tool