This website offers the collective expertise of Centre for Extended Learning (CEL), Centre for Teaching Excellence, Information Systems and Technology (IST) - Instructional Technologies and Media Services (ITMS), the Library, Accessibility Services and others, to support you in designing and teaching your courses online.
No matter your situation, or how much or little support you need, we have options available for you. Choose your preferred pathway, or mix and match resources and services to suit your situation and support needs.
A self-guided path
- Start by exploring the resources on this website, including the Strategies for Remote Teaching.
- Use the revised LEARN Course templates to help you build your course quickly while improving student navigation and overall course design.
- Review the tools and technologies available to help you create content, connect with students, assess learning or increase collaboration.
Register for the Independent Remote Course Design Essentials self-directed workshop.
- Take part in a Remote Course Design Essentials (ReCoDE) workshop.
- Join or watch one of our events, webinars or workshops.
- Drop into the Remote Teaching Community of instructors. Self-register on LEARN.
Connect with experts
- June 8, 2021
Are you looking for flexible ways to enhance your digital teaching practice through emerging technologies and pedagogical approaches to technology-enabled teaching and learning? Then Ontario Extend is designed just for you!
- Dec. 9, 2020
A pop-up copyright notice for instructors will be placed in LEARN starting December 16, 2020. The notice is intended to increase awareness about copyright responsibilities when teaching and to provide information about the help available at Waterloo with respect to copyright issues.
You can find more information about the notice on the Copyright at Waterloo website.
- Dec. 4, 2020
Looking for support in creating your Winter 2021 online course? The Keep Learning team is here to help.
- Apr. 30 to Dec. 31, 2021
The Independent Remote Course Design Essentials (iReCoDE) is a self-paced, independent experience that will guide instructors through the steps of preparing their remote course
- June 23, 2021
In this webinar instructors from various disciplines will share their experiences teaching "held-with" class sessions.
- June 29, 2021
This session provides a 15 minute overview of where to look for, and how to find, library materials for your classes; plus 15 minutes for your questions.