Our agile development team provides a rapid response approach focusing on either smaller development requests or supporting you with designing and developing online learning materials independently. The support is flexible, based on your needs without the structured timelines or deadlines associated with our scheduled projects approach.
However, since it’s first-come first-served, demand and response time can vary; we also cap the dedicated time for any single support request at a much lower level (typically 80 hours maximum), to ensure we can continue to help as many people across the university as possible.
Who is eligible for agile development support?
CEL agile development is available to all Waterloo instructors, whether you want to develop digital components for fully online, blended or on-campus courses.
What can we do for you?
- Build a wide variety of online learning components, such as webpages, charts and diagrams, animations, interactives and videos (Learn more about the full range of CEL digital media development possibilities)
- Help you choose and implement appropriate educational technologies
- Provide expertise on the design of online assessments and activities
- Help with LEARN (Waterloo's Learning Management System) tool setup and integration
- Provide expertise and production support for online accessibility and digital copyright
- Support the entire end-to-end DIY (Do It Yourself) development of fully online courses
- Help revise existing fully online courses
- Support all aspects of the design and development of Open Educational Resources