Centre for Extended Learning (CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
Our agile development team provides a first-come, first-served rapid response approach focusing on either smaller development requests or supporting you with designing and developing online learning materials independently. It may also serve as an alternative option where our scheduled projects model is not the best fit.
You'll have access to the full range of CEL expertise:
web and media development
learning management system (LMS) setup
Our support is flexible based on your needs without the structured timelines or deadlines associated with our scheduled projects approach. However, since it’s first-come first-served, demand and response time can vary; we also cap the dedicated time for any single support request at a much lower level (typically 80 hours maximum), to ensure we can continue to help as many people across the university as possible. We are currently prioritizing two key strategic priorities:
- the Teaching Fellows Blended Learning Initiative
- the conversion of remote teaching courses to fully online
What we do:
build online course components in short sprints (less than 80 hours)
consult for independent DIY (Do-It-Yourself) building of online components
Contact us if you want to:
- transition a remote course to a fully online course.
- create online components for your blended learning course.
- revise an existing online course.
- complete a course development previously under CEL's scheduled project stream.
- engage in design planning for a future CEL scheduled project.