Centre for Extended Learning (CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
Our mission is to serve the multifaceted educational needs of a diverse University of Waterloo learner base, wherever they reside, by offering high quality extended learning opportunities and experiences that are relevant, innovative and pedagogically sound.
- to leverage the strengths of the University of Waterloo, and to reflect/integrate those strengths effectively in our course and program offerings
- to be inclusive and mindful of all learners and their approach to learning
- to incorporate all relevant pedagogical innovations and emerging technologies into our course development and delivery, in order to enhance the educational experiences of our learners
- to be recognized locally, regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally as a hub of progressive extended learning and collaboration
We develop both credit and non-credit courses
Our talented staff have expertise in developing and delivering a wide variety of learning materials. We
- work with faculty to develop most of Waterloo's online for-credit courses
- provide on-going training for faculty and instructors of online courses
- develop training materials for on-campus partners
- and we also collaborate with Waterloo subject matter experts and industry partners to create courses and courseware for non-credit, continuing education purposes. Visit the partnership page on our Professional Development website for more details