Students need to be admitted to the University if they want to earn a degree or take a course, including online programs and courses. Application are submitted through the Ontario Universities Application Centre, however there are different application forms depending on your educational background and program/course intentions.
Admission requirements for online and on-campus programs and degrees are the same. Professional Development courses and certificates have no admission requirements.
You can find complete details about the undergraduate admissions process, requirements and deadlines on the Undergraduate admissions website.
You can find information about applying to the following on their Part-time and online studies page:
- Part-time studies - one or two courses per term
- Online studies - full-time or part-time, fully online
- Post-degree studies - for those who have an undergraduate degree and want to take courses without pursuing a second degree,
- Non-degree - for those who want to take individual undergraduate courses without pursuing a degree (Faculty of Arts or Science only)
- Letter of Permission - students who want to take a course to apply to their degree at another institution
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-888-4567, ext. 33548.
Learn more about admission to graduate programs at Waterloo on the Discover Graduate Studies website.
The best way to learn more about a particular graduate program is to contact the academic unit directly. Please visit the Graduate Studies program page for contact information.