Centre for Extended Learning (CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
Audience: course instructors
This three-hour introductory workshop is held once a term and is intended for new instructors who will be teaching a fully online course in the upcoming term. It is best suited for instructors who did not design and develop the course they will be teaching.
- learn how online teaching and learning works at Waterloo
- gain a basic understanding of online teaching theory
- share some tips with colleagues about successfully teaching online
- meet with the CEL staff who are preparing your course for offer this term
- have an opportunity to ask questions about your course
Upcoming dates: TBD
Audience: course authors and instructors
CEL hosts an Online Instructor Community of Practice (CoP) session once a term. All online course authors and instructors are invited to attend. This is an informal opportunity to meet with other online instructors at Waterloo to discuss both the challenges and successes of online teaching. A theme or topic of discussion is selected for each session based on the interests expressed by the group and/or generated through the Online Instructor CoP listserv. Please note that as of spring 2019, we request that you bring your lunch with you as this is no longer a catered event.
Upcoming Dates: TBD