1950 and Beyond

<< Camping

More Photos >>

<< Return to Contents

The years following World War II brought changes both to the Kitchener YWCA and to its local community.The Frederick Street building underwent a major renovation program which began about 1957 and continued to the 1960's. Fundraising and community support became increasingly important and sophisticated. A branch was opened in the City of Waterloo in 1963. Programmes expanded from the relatively modest offering featured in the 1951 Directory to large widely-advertised programmes detailed in a newspaper supplement.