- All pages must have visible page numbers, centered at the bottom of the page.
- Do not include page numbers on blank pages but ensure that the page is accounted for in the overall numbering of pages.
- All pages prior to the beginning of the thesis itself will be numbered in lowercase Roman numerals.
- Do not number the front page. This is technically page 1 (i in lowercase Roman numerals). Page numbers, beginning with ii, should be visible on the second page.
Main body of text
- For the rest of the thesis document (main text and back matter), use Arabic numerals (1, 2, 3...) centered at the bottom of the page.
- All pages should be numbered continuously starting from the first page of this section through the end of the document. Begin with the Arabic numeral 1.
- Each section or chapter should begin on a new page. Do not reset your page numbering to 1 at the beginning of a new chapter.
Ordering of contents
Citations and referencing
Using in-text citations, footnotes, or endnotes is your choice, as long as you are consistent in your citation style, and there is only one References section for the entire thesis.