At least 2.2 billion people live with a vision impairment globally, 1 billion of which could have been prevented or have yet to been addressed. In Canada, 1.2 million people identify as having vision loss and this number will double in the next 25 years.
The eyes are an organ that many take for granted. Understanding the daily impact of vision and how it affects the entire body and its functioning is something that majority of people do not appreciate.
This webinar features three expert panelists from The School of Optometry & Vision Science, who will talk about their personal stories and discuss how the eyes act as a window to the brain:
- Dr. Andre Stanberry, Clinical Associate Professor and Clinic Director
- Dr. Ben Thompson, Professor, and CEO and Scientific Director of Centre for Eye & Vision Research at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Dr. Stanley Woo, Director
Topics will include:
- How does vision impact other areas of the body? What should people know about eye health?
- What concerns you the most about the current state of eye health? What gives you hope?
- What can people do keep their eyes healthy at different ages?
- What are the most exciting innovations in the eye space?