Please plan to attend an exciting series of vision science research seminars presented in uWaterloo's School of Optometry and Vision Science. We have invited a list of speakers with international reputations. The seminar topics will range from basic vision science to clinical trials. Seminars are offered in the afternoons at 4:30pm, with a reception following the talk to stimulate social interaction between the speaker, faculty, students and our guests. The Vision Science research program is very active with over 20 Faculty and over 45 graduate students and has been in operation for over 25 years.
Seminars will be held at 4:30 pm in the Optometry building
- Outcomes of Scleral Lens Wear
- Friday, January 31, 2020
- Dr. Muriel Schornack, Mayo Clinic, USA
- Myopia & Refractive Errors
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- Dr. Frances Rucker, New England College of Optometry, USA
- Note: Our March and April VSRSS talks has been cancelled due to the evolving COVID-19 situation and recent travel restrictions that affect the speaker.
2020 Vision Science Graduate Research Studies Conference (online event)
Date: May 13 -14
Platform: Via WebEx (please register here for this free conference)
More details and schedule to come.
- Larkworthy Memorial Lecture
- Tentatively moved to September, 2020, if the opportunity is available.
- Dr. Laurence Harris, York University, Canada Psychophysics
Dr. Vivian Choh
519-888-4567 ext. 35005
Dr. Trefford Simpson
519-888-4567 ext. 35015
Dr. Natalie Hutchings
519-888-4567 ext. 36480