The University of Waterloo School of Optometry and Vision Science is located at:
- 200 Columbia St. W., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
We are located on the north campus just opposite the Columbia Street/Hagey Boulevard entrance and next to the Columbia Ice Fields.
View an interactive campus map.
Modes of travel
You can easily reach the University of Waterloo by several modes of travel.
- From Highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to Highway 8 West Kitchener
- Exit at Highway 85 to Waterloo
- Exit at University Avenue West (immediately after University Avenue East exit)
- Follow University Avenue West and turn right at Phillip Street
- Turn left at Columbia Street West
- The School is located just past the railway tracks on the right side of Columbia Street
From London or Hamilton, Coach Canada bus to Waterloo University (or Kitchener then inner-city bus).
Fly into Toronto, Pearson International Airport (YYZ). Transportation from Pearson to Waterloo is available by contacting Airways Transit at 519-886-2121. Or fly to the Region of Waterloo International Airport (YKF) then by taxi
In Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge, you can use the Grand River Transit to reach campus. The number 7D or 7E buses travel straight to campus, stops #1094 or #2520. The iXpress stops about 2 blocks away at the R&T Park stop; then walk south.
Listings are available at Kitchener-Waterloo Car Rentals and Online Reservations.
Our parking entrance is off Columbia Street between the rail tracks and the University of Waterloo Columbia Street entrance.
Parking is free for patients with appointments, in the 'O' lot only, ask the cashier for a token when you leave.
Otherwise, parking cost is $5 for the coin-operated pay-as-you-leave lot 'O' or $2 per hour for the limited number of metered spots. There is additional paid parking behind the building in lot 'X'.
Four accessible parking spots are located next to the main Clinic entrance.