The University of Waterloo School of Optometry and Vision Science is located at
- 200 Columbia St. W., Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
We are located on the north campus just opposite the Columbia Street/Hagey Boulevard entrance and next to the Columbia Ice Fields.
View the interactive campus map.
Modes of travel
You can easily reach the University of Waterloo by
- From Highway 401
- Take exit 278 (from Toronto) or exit 278B (from London) to Highway 8 West Kitchener
- Exit at Highway 85 to Waterloo
- Exit at University Avenue West (immediately after University Avenue East exit)
- Follow University Avenue West and turn right at Phillip Street
- Turn left at Columbia Street West
- The School is located just past the railway tracks on the right side of Columbia Street
In Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge, you can use the Grand River Transit to reach campus. The number 7D or 7E buses travel straight to campus, stops #1094 or #2520. The iXpress stops at the intersection of the Columbia Street and Hagey Boulevard, which is directly beside the School.
Our parking entrance is off Columbia Street between the rail tracks and the University of Waterloo Columbia Street entrance.
Parking costs $5 for the pay-as-you-leave lot 'O', which can be paid by credit card at the gate, or you can purchase a voucher from our cashiers using cash, debit, or credit card. There is $2 per hour for a limited number of metered spots in front of our building, and there is additional paid parking behind the building in lot 'X'.
Four accessible parking spots are located next to the main Clinic entrance.