All monies realized through the issuance of citations on campus are donated by Parking Services to student scholarship funds. Payment of citations is mandatory. Parking Services will not re-register the vehicle of any faculty, staff or student until all outstanding fines or fees are cleared by payment. Students with outstanding citations will be notified if possible and a seal will be placed on transcripts and graduation diplomas until payment of such citations has been made.
- General penalty – every person who contravenes any of the provisions of the Traffic and Parking Regulations, where a penalty for the contravention is not otherwise provided herein, is liable to a fine of $25.00.
- Failure to register vehicle: Section 1(a); Fine: $50.00.
- Failure to produce proof of insurance: Section 6; Fine: $50.00.
- Fail to obey directions of a Police Officer; Fine: $50.00.
- Speeding: Section 2. Fine: $25.00; plus $1.00 per km/h in excess of 40 km/h.
- Operating prohibited vehicle on campus (Section 11a,b);
- Improper access/or exit from a card or coin controlled lot; Section 3(d), Fine: $75.00 and /or cost of removing vehicles from parking lot.
- Assisting another person to improperly enter or exit from a card or coin controlled lot. Fine: $75.00.
- Failure to stop and report accident; Section 13; Fine: $100.00.
- Failure to report damage to property; Section 5(b); Fine: $100.00
- Driving without due care and attention ; Section 16; Fine: $100.00
- Submitting false information on registration form; Section 20;
Fine : $100.00
- Parking illegally, designated handicapped parking; Fine: $150.00
- Obstruct handicapped access way; Fine $50.00 and/or cost of removal of vehicle.
- Fraudulent permit (displaying altered permit); Fine $150.00 plus towing charge.
- Parked in Fire Route Fine $75.00 plus towing charge.
- Unauthorized use of permit $50.00 plus suspension of parking privileges
- Obstruct Emergency Vehicle Accessway $50 plus towing charge.
- An Appeal Board appointed by the President of the university consists of five active members, including at least one member from each of the following groups; Faculty, Staff, CUPE, Graduate students and Undergraduate students. Members of the Board elect a Chairperson.
- In addition, the Board has a permanent secretary who is a member of Parking Services. The Manager of Parking Services whose sole function is administrative is also a member of the Board. This Board is reviewed annually by the President; new or re-appointments are made as appropriate. Police and Parking Services personnel do not appear before, or hold a vote on the Board.
- The Appeal Board meets monthly, or as required, and receives and considers all appeals related to Traffic and Parking offences filed with them.
- Appeal application forms are available at Parking Services, and must be lodged with the Appeal Board within 14 days of the alleged infraction.
- The Appeal Board may allow or disallow any appeal. The decision of the Board is final and binding.
- The Appeal Board shall notify the appellant in writing of the decision.
To appeal your ticket please follow the link below:
Traffic and Parking Appeal Board