- Fill out this form at least four months before the student's defense.
- Review Program Milestones page or LEARN to confirm proposed committee meets PhD Thesis Examination Committee requirements.
- All members must be identified to proceed with submission
- Additional approval is required for multiple adjuncts to serve on the thesis defence committee. Please contact the Graduate Coordinator for details.
- Nominee holds an academic appointment of at least 5 years or similar industry experience
- Nominee provides evidence for successful supervision of highly qualified personnel, preferably including at the PhD level
- Nominee must be at arm’s length from the candidate’s thesis, candidate and supervisor(s) and additionally must not be in a potential conflict of interest with regards to the outcome of the examination. Such conflicts are outlined in the Graduate Studies and Post-Doctoral Affairs PhD Regulations
- Nominee must provide a full (up to date) CV with publications covering at least the past 6 years, as well as a list of supervised students and levels.