Location: PHY 139,PHY 140,PHY 357
Phone: 519 888-4567 ext. 43201
Dr. Martin studies basic atomic, molecular and optical physics.
- Laser physics
- Rydberg and ion-pair states
- Laser cooling
- THz source development
- Quantum Simulation
- Optical Systems
- 1998, Doctorate Physics, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 1995, Master of Science Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- 1993, Bachelor of Science (BSc) Physics, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Affiliations and Volunteer Work
- Associate member, Institute for Quantum Computing
- Cross appointed faculty, Department of Chemistry
- PHYS 263 - Classical Mechanics and Special Relativity
- PHYS 358 - Thermal Physics
- PHYS 442 - Electricity and Magnetism 3
- PHYS 706 - Electromagnetic Theory
* Only courses taught in the past 5 years are displayed.
- Y. Ni, P. Xu, and J. D. D. Martin,"Reduction of the dc electric field sensitivity of circular Rydberg states using non-resonant dressing fields"Phys. Rev. A, v. 92, 063418 (2015).
- J. D. Carter and J. D. D. Martin,"Coherent manipulation of cold Rydberg atoms near the surface of an atom chip",Phys. Rev. A, v. 88, 043429 (2013).
- L. A. Jones, J. D. Carter, and J. D. D. Martin,"Rydberg atoms with a reduced sensitivity to dc and low-frequency electric fields",Phys. Rev. A, v. 87, 023423 (2013).
- J. D. Carter, O. Cherry, and J. D. D. Martin,"Electric field sensing near the surface microstructure of an atom chip using cold Rydberg atoms",Phys. Rev. A, v. 86, 053401 (2012).
- C. E. Liekhus-Schmaltz, R. Mantifel, M. Torabifard, I. B. Burgess, and J. D. D. Martin,"Injection-locked diode laser current modulation for Pound-Drever-Hall frequency stabilization using transfer cavities",J. Opt. Soc. Am. B, v. 29, pg 1394 (2012).
- Please see Dr. Martin's research website for a complete list of his publications.