Phone: 519-888-4567 x35344
Location: DC 3354
- artificial intelligence
- constraint programming
- constraint satisfaction
- 1990, Doctorate, Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- 1986, Master's, MMath, University of Waterloo
- 1984, Bachelor's, BSc (Honours), University of British Columbia
- T. Russell, A. M. Malik, M. Chase, and P. van Beek. Learning Heuristics for the Superblock Instruction Scheduling Problem. "IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering", 21(10):1489-1502, 2009.
- T. Russell and P. van Beek. Determining the Number of Games Needed to Guarantee an NHL Playoff Spot. "Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Integration of AI and OR Techniques in Constraint Programming for Combinatorial Optimization Problems (CPAIOR 2009)", Pittsburgh, 233-247, 2009.
- A.M. Malik, M. Chase, T. Russell, and P. van Beek. An Application of Constraint Programming to Superblock Instruction Scheduling. "Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming", 2008.
- W. Li, P. Poupart, and P. van Beek. Exploiting Causal Independence Using Weighted Model Counting. "Proceedings of the 23rd AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence", 2008.
- T. Russell and P. van Beek. Mathematically Clinching a Playoff Spot in the NHL and the Effect of Scoring Systems. "Proceedings of the 21st Canadian Conference on Artificial Intelligence", pp. 234-245, 2008.
- Currently considering applications from graduate students. A completed online application is required for admission; start the application process now.