Through the Global Association, the Master of Development Practive (MDP) program at the University of Waterloo connects you to a network of 36 university partners and organizations around the world. The Global MDP was the vision of Professor Jeffrey Sachs of The Earth Institute at Columbia University. The aim was to address the challenges of sustainable development (such as poverty, health, conservation, climate change, etc.) by training professionals equipped with cross-disciplinary knowledge and skills in sustainable development practice. With generous funding from MacArthur Foundation, the first MDP programs were first launched in 2007.
The Global Association of MDP programs is a registered body with a governance structure that works to support universities, faculty members and students for a just and sustainable world. The network provides students and alumni with:
- Networking opportunities with faculty and other students and alumni
- Representation at the MDP Global Association organizational structure
- Access to job postings suitable for MDP graduates
- Field training opportunities at partner MDP field sites (subject to negotiation and approval)
- Participation at the annual International Conference on Sustainable Development (ICSDP)
- Career panels for MDP students and alumni at ICSDP
- Research and publication opportunities
- Access to high level experts in the field of sustainable development through participation in Global Classroom
Visit the Global Association website to learn more about this internationally recognized program.