519-888-4567, ext. 48479
Bruce is a Professor and Director of the School of Environment, Enterprise and Development. He is an Urban Planner and Geographer, and teaches in the International Development program. His research interests fall within the broad ambit of sustainable cities, and encompass the three related areas of human migration, urbanization and food security. In addition to leading the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Canadian Cities Index project, Bruce works in Sub-Saharan Africa and cities of the Global South.
- INDEV 100: Introduction to International Development
- INDEV 604: Sustainable Cities
- INDEV 617: Development Practice Field Course
- Crush, J., B. Frayne, and G. Haysom (eds.). 2020. Handbook on Urban Food Security in the Global South. Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham. 432p.
- Frayne, B., J. Crush and C. McCordic (eds.). 2018. Food and Nutrition Security in Southern African Cities. Routledge, London. 219p.
Recent Journal Articles
- McCordic, C. and B. Frayne. 2020. The Network of Household Barriers to Achieving SDG 1, 1 and 2 in Maputo, Mozambique. Journal of Hunger and Environmental Nutrition. https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19320248.2020.1848686.
- Sgro, J., B. Frayne and C. McCordic. 2019. Linking the Sustainable Development Goals through an Investigation of Urban Household Food Security in Southern Africa. Journal of Sustainability Research. May, 1(3). https://doi.org/10.20900/jsr20190004.
- PhD - Geography, Queen's University
- MCRP - Planning, University of Cape Town
- BA - Geography and Sociology, University of Natal