The University of Waterloo Entrance Bursary application is available to students entering their first year in the fall. You can find a link in your Quest account from February 1 to April 15.
- You are an Ontario resident (as defined by OSAP) and have lived in Ontario for at least 12 months prior to beginning your post-secondary education
- You have applied as a full-time student
- The upcoming fall term will be your first term of post-secondary studies
- Demonstrate financial need during your first year of studies.
- You will apply for the bursary by April 15
- You will apply for OSAP by June 15 for the upcoming fall term (Note: supporting documentation for your OSAP application does not have to be submitted by June 15)
- Your parents combined income is less than $120,000 (Note: other criteria is used to assess a bursary and parent(s) income below $120,000 does not guarantee a bursary)
How to apply
View our entrance bursary instructions to learn how to apply and for assistance completing the form after you have applied to Waterloo.
Note: You can only apply once, so be sure to enter all information correctly!
You will be notified in mid-May if you qualified for a bursary.
Did you miss the April 15 deadline?
Eligibility conditions for recipients
- It's essential that you apply for OSAP by June 15. Your OSAP application must be applicable to your attendance at the University of Waterloo.
- If you forgot to report the bursary on your OSAP application, don't worry we will report this directly to OSAP on your behalf.
- All information about your income and assets and your parents’ income will be verified using your OSAP application. You can apply for OSAP online on the OSAP website.
- If any information about your income and assets and/or your parents’ income was inaccurately reported on your entrance bursary application, the entrance bursary may be adjusted accordingly.
- Scholarships and awards may impact the value of the entrance bursary. Normally, the maximum combined value of Waterloo entrance scholarship (Year One value) and Waterloo entrance bursary that you are eligible to receive is $8,000. Some donor-funded bursaries have a higher value.
- If you receive additional scholarships and awards, this may impact the value of the entrance bursary.
- The entrance bursary is conditional upon full-time enrolment in degree studies, and may be adjusted due to changes to program or plan, course load, or withdrawal from studies.
- Entrance bursaries are paid in two equal instalments – the first in the Fall term and the second in either the Winter or Spring term, depending on your enrolment.