The University of Waterloo Entrance Bursary application is available to students entering their first year in the fall. You can find a link in your Quest account from February 1 to April 15.
To be considered:
- You are an Ontario resident (as defined by OSAP)
- You have applied as a full-time student
- The upcoming fall term will be your first term of post-secondary studies
- You will apply for the bursary by April 15
- You will apply for OSAP before June 15 for the upcoming fall term
- Your parents combined income is less than $80,000
How to apply
Remember that the application is only available until April 15.
- Once you've applied to Waterloo, log in to Quest.
- In the mobile version, select the Entrance Bursary tile. On a desktop, you'll find the the Entrance Bursary under Finances.
- Complete the quick eligibility check.
- Fill in all fields on the application. (You'll need to have your parents' or spouse's income and tax information for last year available.) Tip: You can only apply once, so be sure to enter all information correctly!
- Click ‘Agree’ to submit your application.
- You will be notified in mid-May if you qualified for a bursary.
Did you miss the April 15 deadline?
Eligibility conditions for recipients
All entrance bursary offers are conditional pending a detailed verification of the information provided on your entrance bursary application in conjunction with your OSAP application.
- It's essential that you apply for OSAP by June 15. Your OSAP application must be applicable to your attendance at the University of Waterloo.
- You do not need to report this bursary on your OSAP application; the University will report this directly to OSAP on your behalf.
- All information about your income and assets and your parents’ income will be verified using your OSAP application. You can apply for OSAP online on the OSAP website.
- If any information about your income and assets and/or your parents’ income was inaccurately reported on your entrance bursary application, the entrance bursary may be adjusted accordingly.
- Scholarships and awards may impact the value of the entrance bursary. The maximum combined value of Waterloo entrance scholarship (Year One value) and Waterloo entrance bursary that you are eligible to receive is $6,000.
- If you receive additional scholarships and awards, this may impact the value of the entrance bursary.
- The entrance bursary is conditional upon full-time enrolment in degree studies, and may be adjusted due to changes to program or plan, course load, or withdrawal from studies.
- Entrance bursaries are paid in two equal instalments – the first in the Fall term and the second in either the Winter or Spring term, depending on your enrolment.