Sustainable Holiday: Self-Care and Gift Gude
During this busy time of the semester with lots of final projects and exams, it is especially important to practice self-care as a way to relax and decompress. Although self-care practices may vary from person to person, they should help improve your physical and mental health.
Some ideas include:
- Going for a walk
- Practicing yoga or meditation
- Meeting up with some friends
- Reading a book
- Cooking a good meal
For some extra self-care tips:
- Why relaxation is important
- Why self-care is essential for effective sustainable leadership
- Taking action that sustains you
One of my hobbies is doing arts and crafts. Two fun activities, that are also great for holiday gifts, are below.
Activity 1: Rolled Beeswax Candles
- Sheets of wax
- Candle wick
- A scrap piece of paper
Instructions: DIY Rolled Candle Instructions
Activity 2: Sewn Cloth Gift Bag
- Old Shirt
- Sewing thread, needle and pins
- Piece of string/yarn/ribbon to tie the bag up after
Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and sustainable holiday season!