WAT's Sustainable, Waterloo? Welcome to the official Sustainability's Office's official podcast: WAT's Sustainable?
- Sustainable Food Systems briefing note (including definitions) by the FAO (2018)
- Grantham Centre’s note on topsoil regeneration (2015)
- Food Security and Nutrition in the World report by the FAO (2019)
- The Avoidable Crisis of Food Waste report by Second Harvest (2019)
- Region of Waterloo Food Mileage study (2005)
- Ontario’s Seasonal Availability Guide
- How to Cook With Food Scraps [video, CC]
- Canada’s New Food Guide
- Sustainable Growing at Home Miniseries [videos, CC]
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Farm Directory
- Eco Label Index
- Cookspiration (app for recipe inspiration)
Tips for promoting sustainable food systems in your personal life
- Eat more plants and minimize meat
- Whole foods + minimize processed
- Reduce food waste
- Choose sustainable seafood
- Look for local, seasonal foods
- Look for credible eco-labels (organic, FT, etc.)
- Minimize packaging
Download the transcription with time stamps and resources. A .txt version of the transcript is also available for accessibility (scroll to bottom of page).
We want to hear from you!
Do you have any ideas or topics you'd like us to cover, accessibility concerns or feedback on a particular episode? Email us at email@example.com.