It's back! June is Bike Month at the University of Waterloo, and with the warm weather finally here to stay, it's the perfect time to hop on your bike and participate in our month-long challenge! Whether you’re an avid cycler or just starting out, you can participate in our month-long challenge for a chance to win some great prizes. Every time you participate is an entry into the prize draw!
Log a bike trip on gotravelwise.ca.
To get started, click on the link below to join the University of Waterloo's user group for students or employees.
Then, follow these easy steps:
- Once you have joined the appropriate user group, click on Dashboard and scroll down to 'Log Your Trips'.
- Select the date of your trip on the calendar, and fill in your departure time, return time, distance, and mode of travel. Remember that your trips must occur during the contest period.
- Click 'Log Trips' to be automatically entered in the draw!
Once you're set up, you can log in from any computer or mobile phone by visiting gotravelwise.ca, or you can download the Commute Tracker app for Android or IOS, created by RideAmigos.
There are seven (7) prizes available to be won for any eligible participants that have submitted an entry to any of the three contests.
- Two (2) bike gear baskets from King Street Cycles ($50 value each)
- Two (2) $50 gift cards for Retail Services at UWaterloo
- Two (2) $75 gift card for MEC
- One (1) $150 gift card for King Street Cycles
Who will make it to the top this year? Stay tuned!
Terms and conditions
- You must be a student or employee at UWaterloo, aged 18 years or older and residing in Ontario.
- The contest starts on June 1, 2019 and close at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on June 30, 2019.
- The contest allows a maximum of 1 contest entry, per person, per day. If an excess of 1 entry from an individual in a day occurs, all such entries will be removed from the random prize draw.
- The selected winners will be notified by July 5, 2019.
- The selected winners must answer a skill testing question correctly before obtaining the prize and being declared winner. If incorrectly answered, another entrant will be selected randomly.
- Selection of winners is randomized, where chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Please visit Sustainable Waterloo Region's web page for full contest details and terms and conditions!
Don't forget to connect with us on social media, where we'll be sharing resources, services, and tools that will help you with biking to school or work!